heeyyy lol enjoy my blog!!!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

NJASK test taking!!!

Through out the week of the NJASK, there was a ton of feelings going around the sixth grade hallways as the students of the sixth graders. With me personally, I had experiences a mix of feelings running through my head such as nervousness, eagerness and a quit bit of happiness. As being a sixth grader, I had four days and two sections of the test. That was for the first two days, English and the last two days, Math.

     During the first two days during the testing of the English part of the NJASK, I thought to myself that it was going to be easy because all the essays such as explanatory, open-ended, and persuasive, I have gone over many times as a review in English class. All though the prompts that they had gave us was easy, it took me a while to plan out the story line of it. I thought to myself that I only had a limited amount of time so to keep myself where I needed to be and not waste my time on just one section, I split the sections into a certain amount of time so that I made it easy for myself. For the planning part, I made it only to be at least 5 minutes. And the rest I took at least 30 mins and then whatever time I had left, i used to go back and check over my work. The writing the essay part was easy and I hope that I was scored with a good grade that is reasonable and that I deserve.I think the only hard challenging part during the LA part of the NJASK was the multiple choice to this one passage which was Japense.

The math part, overall was challenging to me because on most of it, was thing that I didn't understand well before the NJASK and when I was learning it in school. All through that part also, I made sure that I had paced myself but at the same time I kept my eye on the clock so that I didn't run out of time once again.

All though the NJASK is a challenging thing that each child in the state of New Jersey has to face, it is benefitting us all by the thigns that are given on the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment