heeyyy lol enjoy my blog!!!!!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Marshfield Dreams

This week in English,we started reading passages of a book name Marshfield Dreams by Ralph Fletcher.While we were reading this,We picked out 3 things that stood out the most to us.These are the ones that I thought were good.......

"Bobby"(Fletcher, 2005,page 59)I picked first.In this little part of the book,He explains how his little brother Booby was important to him in many ways,what happend to him, and what Bobby would do to get his attention. In the short story about Bobby,He wrote,  "Bobby never got the chance to grow up.In his last year of high school he was killed in a car accident." Just reading that little snippet it was emotional because I know if they happend to my little sister I would be devastated.

In the next thing I picked,It was called "First Pen"(Fletcher,2005,page 43).This was about how he got is first pen (as explained in the title) and he basicly treasured it.The part that I picked out was, "Still,I loved it in school we wrote in pencil,so putting inked words into a piece of paper really made me feel grown-up" This reminds me of how in 4th grade when we finally got to use pens,I felt more mature too.

The last passage I picked was "Last Kiss" (Fletcher,2005.page 84).In this,It was telling how he felt that him and his father where growing apart but for a certain reason. this is the part that I picked... "Even though I was confused,one thing seemed clear-my father and I had drifted away from each other in a small but important way,a way that I couldn't explain,not even to myself." In this part,I fet sympathy towards the author and it actualy caught my attention when he was explainging about the jelly-fishes because at first I had no complete clue what he was talking about.

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent post Jazmin. You did a great job of explaining each part of the story. When you write the text citation you are suppose to write (Fletcher,2005,pg.) after the text citation, not when you write the passage name. Overall, you did an excellent job.=}

    ReplyDelete