heeyyy lol enjoy my blog!!!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Does patriotism still matter?

         Does Patriotism Still Matter? 

To some people Patriotism doesn’t matter. To MOST people it does matter. Patriotism to me is basically everything and that’s what the United States of America is all about. On every Veteran’s day, people let out tears, people let out tears, a lot of applause, and happy faces were shown to millions of Family and Friends. This one day is celebrated to honor people that were in wars, or was in the service.
One question that people ask: Does Patriotism still mater? My answer: Yes it does!!!!Patriotism reminds me of bravery, 4th of July, the American flag, freedom, sacrifice and many more, Also, many of the words that I thought of about were significant words that are representing these soldiers or celebrating them.
When I think about Patriotism, it reminds me of my family. How? I think family because many of my family members were in the service and fought. One unforgettable person that is in my family and was in World War two is my Great-Grandfather. Sadly over this summer (2010) he died of old age. He lived to be 104 years old. Many people don’t come hat fare in life and accomplish that many things.
Lastly, Patriotism does matter and there are many things that show patriotism around the world. One huge this is respect. Respect should be shown everywhere. Not just to this person and that person but to everyone and even to thoughs who put their life’s in danger, just too safe America and its people.

1 comment:

  1. Jazmin i liked your patriotism essay. It was very strong wordes. I liked hoe you brought up the topic about the 4th of july and how many people cry because their children are the ones who gave up their lives for us.You could have inproved it by spelling and grammer checking it. In the first paragraph you wrote a sentance two times in a row. Over all I like your eassy.=}

    ReplyDelete